Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rural Representation on TV



Wow! This was quite an experience. I didn't have all the tech difficulties that Becca did, but just trying to coordinate my crazy schedule with my high school helper's crazy schedule to get this done was nuts. I almost threw in the towel, but I had two fifth grade classes expecting to see themselves on Youtube. I apologize that this is a little long. We cut it down from about 50 minutes of video, but ran out of time to edit more. There is one repeating segment about 10 seconds long - oops! We were having trouble with the video duplicating, thought we got it all, but guess not...

The kids are discussing rural representation on TV. I don't know that they had anything mind boggling to say(but a couple of funny things), but it was nice to give them a chance to express their point of view. The two classes were very different to interview. One was very talkative and the other very quiet. The talkative class is from the school where I work, they are used to interacting with me in this way. In the other class, I was more of a visitor. I think this may have affected their participation. Thanks for watching

1 comment:

erica said...

Emily, this was so interesting. I've been wracking my brain for shows that I remember being about people in rural areas and can't think of any.
Thank you for this.